Made to Order Associate
An Au Bon Pain Made-To-Order Associate will be responsible for the execution of high quality made to order sandwiches, hand-crafted espresso beverages and/or Frozen Mochas/ Smoothies while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY café environment. If you enjoy having fun while making people smile with a great team, we want you at Au Bon Pain in the Hesburgh Library!
• Listen, respond and resolve all guests’ requests fast.
• Demonstrate “clean, fast & friendly service” to all guests.
• Learn & Practice the 5 foot rule of ABP Customer Service
• Be professional in all interactions with guests and team members
• Work together as a team to achieve efficient operations
• Knowledge of all Au Bon Pain products.
• Keep work area clean, organized and stocked.
• Assists management expediting on the line to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Ensures that all products meet ABP’s standards of freshness and appearance.
• Responsible for making sure all equipment and ovens are clean.
• Resolves any problems and keeps management informed about issues and problems as they arise.
• Performs prep and utility duties as needed/backup when needed.
Other related responsibilities as assigned.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and “listening” skills.
• Demonstrates a passion for hospitality and a friendly attitude.
• Responds to opportunities with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move around the café to attend to the needs of customers and to maintain the standards of Au Bon Pain.
• Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height.
• Ability to read, listen to, and follow directions
Position Available: 20
Must be 18 years or older
Hours per week: 20
Generally 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m; Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Hourly Rate: $8.25
All students can work a maximum/total of 20 hours per week. At ABP Library Cafe, students work a mix of 2 or 3 hours shifts throughout the week ranging from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Each student associate is required to work 2 shifts per week.
Manager Name: Dianne Urbin
Department: Campus Dining
Phone: (574) 631-9939